‘Self-harm; working together for best practice’
Presentations from CAMHS Self Harm event – 27 February 2015
- Managing self-harm in young people – Dr Sharada Deepak Consultant Psychiatrist, BHFT (PDF)– An updated report from the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- FREAK – Satvar Nijjar (PDF) Self-Harm Awareness Trainer, ‘Attention Seekers.’
- Perspectives of Parents and Carers on the management of self harm (PDF) Dr Anne Stewart Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, leads the Oxfordshire Adolescent Self-Harm Network
- Development of Schools Self-Harm Pathway Buckinghamshire Team (PDF)Kerry Allen, Clinical Team Manager, Bucks OSCA; Daniela Raffio , Acute Paediatric Clinical Pathways Project Manager ,Chiltern CCG and Dr Dal Sahota Clinical commissioning Director- children and maternity services – Chiltern CCG.
- Development of a Self harm tool kit in Milton Keynes (PDF) Dr Sobia Naz CAMHs Specialty Doctor CAMHs and Tina Swain Senior Manager Milton Keynes Specialist CAMHS
- Self harm – a pilot public mental health approach to early detection and reduction of self harm (PDF) Dr Angela Snowling Consultant and ADi for public health , Mel Gabbi – Family Support and CAMHS manager in Slough Borough Council, Emma Davies Head of Learning Year 7, Learning Mentor, Baylis Court School.
Feedback from CAMHS Self Harm event – 27 February 2015
We are pleased to say we had 148 attendees to this very well evaluated CAMHs best practice event focussing on Self Harm.
74% of the attendees (109) evaluated the event and provided us with the following information:
What would be most helpful moving forward?
- Guidelines – 62 responses
- National Updates – 32 responses
- Training – 78 responses
- Website information – 70 responses
Are you interested in future events? 96 % of the attendees would like there to be future events
How frequently should future events take place each year? At least twice a year
What other topics would you like to be covered?
- Looked after children – 64 responses
- Transition – 55 responses
- Traumatised children – 77 responses
- Public Health/Early intervention – 48 responses
Please watch this space we plan to hold another event in September 2015 and further details will follow together with additional useful information that you have requested.