Children & Maternity SCN Steering Group
The purpose of the Thames Valley Clinical Steering Group is to provide clinical leadership and advice to support an integrated approach to achieve real change in quality and outcomes of care for patients. It will facilitate the bringing together of clinicians, professionals and organisations, with the voice of woman, babies, children and young people in the Thames Valley, to deliver programmes of continuous quality improvements encompassing whole pathways of care. It will have day-to-day responsibility for the strategic and operational development and delivery of Children & Maternity Services.
The Children & Maternity SCN Steering Group will
- Develop and evolve the SCN in line with national policy and the needs of the constituent organisations, ensuring that clinical engagement and influence and the patient’s voice are at the heart of SCN activities.
- Oversee and lead the development and delivery of the SCN’s annual work programme to improve quality, productivity and outcomes.
- Promote the development and delivery of best practice and evidenced based care.
- Provide support, advice and recommendations to NHS commissioners and providers of NHS services.
- Endorse relevant clinical guidelines, policies and procedures for recommended use across the Thames Valley.
- Ensure a co-ordinated approach to stakeholder engagement in the improvement agenda.
- Implement systematic risk management processes to identify, assess, manage and escalate risks associated with the delivery of the quality improvement programmes.
Children & Maternity Network Steering Group Terms of Reference (PDF)
The Steering Group meets quarterly and is chaired by the Network Clinical Director, Dr. Anne Thomson